[3830] NAQP CW W1UJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ujay@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1UJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 13:33:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W1UJ
Operator(s): W1UJ
Station: W1UJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:   62    20
   80:  107    38
   40:   87    31
   20:   66    29
   15:    8     6
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  331   125  Total Score = 41,375

Club: BARNSTORMERS

Team:

Comments:

Since removing the tower a couple of months ago :(, I have had a SteppIR driven
Element strapped to an extension ladder- up for the high bands and a coax-fed
80m dipole for 40m and longer.

If I think back in history about other hams wanting to get on HF and asking me
for my opinion, and want a simple, useful antenna with potential for gain on
some bands-- I always suggested the same thing.  A center-fed zepp type antenna
fed with an antenna tuner for all bands.

So, with a bit of epiphany on Friday night, on Saturday morning, I set out to
simply replace the coax on the 80m dipole to the home-brew open wire line.  It
looks like I finished around 1930z and started making QSOs.

I am very very happy with the results.  I am not off of the air, and can have
fun at the same time.  I rarely missed out on a QSO if I heard them, even on top
band!  The K3 internal tuner handled all bands except for 160m.  Installed the
ATR-30 tuner later in the afternoon when the low bands started taking hold and
made the familiar 'tuning sheet' on the back of a QSL card. :)

K3 & Single 80m dipole fed with home-brew OWL.

Had fun!