[3830] NAQP CW K4XL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, grimm@sbc.edu
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4XL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 14:57:21 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Amherst, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:  119    31
   80:  271    43
   40:  335    54
   20:   75    22
   15:    6     3
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  808   154  Total Score = 124,432

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Such beautiful weather should be spent working on antennas and not playing in a
contest!  Never mind, it's the NAQP, one of the best in my book.  I started with
a brief stint on  10 meters which netted a couple of local contacts.  Although I
heard and could have worked several sigs out of the MD/NOVA/DC area, they were
looking for stronger sigs than I was able to put out.  I quickly hit 15 meters
for a brief effort that wasn't very productive and then on to 20 which was great
for a while.  Even 20, normally a great source of lots of Qs, soon became a
lonesome band.  Off to 40 which was my best band.  However, 80 and 160 were also
very productive.
Normally, I run SOAHP, but this time I went unassisted and low power.  That
meant that I had to run most of the time to keep a good rate going.  The 2
element beam on 40 and the vertical on 160 worked very well but my inverted vee
on 80 needs attention.  Running unassisted is interesting.  I was very pleased
when good mults answered late in the evening giving my score a nice boost.  This
was fun and I'm really looking forward to the SSB version!

Rig: IC-7610
Ant: DB-18E, Dipole for 80, Folded Unipole on 160