[3830] NAQP CW W5MX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W5MX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:31:06 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ky
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:  155    37
   80:  176    38
   40:  450    55
   20:  169    40
   15:   60    11
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1010   181  Total Score = 182,810

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Team: KCG Beam

Comments:

Had a lot of fun, great running pace for most of the contest kept things
interesting.
As I have seen most comment, the higher bands not so good. This is especially
true here in KY with most of the NA population so close, within 500 miles or so.

Vowed not to repeat previous years mistakes by waiting too long to move down the
ladder to the lower bands. However, the lure of mults still kept me on the
higher bands longer than I had wanted (and still didn't end up with that many!).
My 40m delta loop used primarily for domestic contesting was out of commission
for a high SWR condx, so used a 2 el 40 meter beam fixed on EU for all the 40 m
Q's.
80 and 160 were great, but only spent last bit of the contest on those bands. I
could hear a number of west coast stations very well as the bands were so quiet.
Called a number of them with no reply. I assume they were either higher power,
noisy band condx or not as good on rx antennas. Missed a number of mults on 80
and 160 that way.
Thanks to all for the Q's!
Bryan "Tom"
W5MX