[3830] NAQP CW W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 11:46:49 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Radios: SO2R

  160:  145    39
   80:  276    47
   40:  517    54
   20:  332    36
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1271   177  Total Score = 224,967

Club:

Team:

Comments:

So, Chuck offers me this contest, provided I commit to learning/trying a new
(for me) operating method  with which he’s had recent success.  I’m pretty
single-minded/focused by instinct, so this divided-attention stuff doesn’t
come easily for me.  So, I’m a little apprehensive about it…but what the
hell…never too old to be a novice again!  But, hopefully, too old to be a lid?

Saturday Chuck’s station is all set-up & ready to rock.   I start off the
line, and 4 minutes in…the Right Main radio hangs-up on transmit. No, NO--It
all worked beforehand!  But suddenly, no RX on the Right Main, no TX on Left
Main.  Houston, we have a problem!  It ended-up taking most of 2 hours to get
things up-and-running again.  And—rather troublingly--we still don’t know
exactly what failed…
Miss the first 2 hours?  Yep, I’m toast & it’s over—pack-up & head
home, right?  But Ken (W0ETT) placed me on one of his local teams & I owe
him a score.  And, what about that “practicing a new skill” part?  So, I
opted to get on & do what I could for the remaining time—got in about 9
hours & glad I did ‘cuz I thoroughly enjoyed it—fumbling my way with the
new techniques I was the happiest lid on the band!
The whole episode leaves me wondering if I’m just paranoid or is Chuck’s
station out to get me?  Disturbingly, the answer might be yes to both
(laughing)!  Rod Serling will be back next time with another adventure
from…The Twilight Zone…