[3830] NAQP SSB N3QE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N3QE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:25:00 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   51    24
   80:  293    42
   40:  457    50
   20:  107    39
   15:   15     7
   10:   12     3
-------------------
Total:  925   165  Total Score = 152,625

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Went to 40M super early (2049Z) because I figured 40M would be not so useful
short after sunset.

Was quite disappointed when sunset came and went and I hadn't worked NY, NJ, PA,
and a whole lot of W1 states on 40M.

Went to 80M for a little over an hour, ran up to the kitchen to turn on the oven
and pop some food in the oven, and checked out 40M when I came back down at
0026Z, figuring that 40M had gone long to west coast by then.

BUT I WAS WRONG !!!

WOW 40M HAD EXPLODED with huge short skip to W1/W2/W3/W4/W8/W9 the likes of
which I cannot remember. There were decent signals to W6/W7 to pick up
multipliers but nothing like the huge rates to near-in states.

Bounced around 80M and 160M several times but whenever I came back to 40M I
discovered it had the best rates!

Worked gobs and gobs of callsigns on 40M and 80M who were not in SCP and I had
never worked before any mode.

Hugely enjoyed these unexpected short skip conditions.