[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2ET/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2ET/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 18:04:52 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  325    34  Total Score = 22,508

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Contest was a blast as always - weather actually held out, so aside from a
breezy hilltop on Saturday afternoon it was quite enjoyable the whole time!
Activated the local four grids, FN02, FN03, FN12, and FN13, sticking to the most
local Saturday - called it a short evening to watch the Bills play (I've been a
Buffalo fan longer than I've been a licensed ham, sorry). Got a late start
Sunday morning because of it too, but no matter. Of course it wouldn't be a
contest with me unless I had some type of issue on 6m, and it happened to be a
mixture of an easily solvable feed line problem, and a not so simple voltage
regulation issue.

Changed up the operating position as well - built out a desk for the front seat
to make any moves an easier to accomplish task, as well as significantly improve
time-to-air upon stopping. Additionally constructed a custom fused power pole
pigtail to allow a little wider range of motion for power plugs, which came in
handy with some 2304 contacts.

More detailed summary, and photos coming to www.k2et.net soon!