[3830] CWopsT K8BKM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K8BKM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:05:56 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jan 20

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  66
   20:  29
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  95  Mults = 93  Total Score = 8,835

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

Started on 20 but it wasn't very productive - should have just ran single band
on 40. 40 was wall-to-wall big signals. Easily held a run freq until people quit
calling with a few minutes left, then got in a few S&P to round out the
session. Boy, it's hard for me to break 100 Q's. I mean, I've done it, it's just
not very easy. I gotta figure out a better strategy.

One thing that ruined my rate was using "Joe" in honor of our 46th
President of the United States who was inaugurated today. The other was using
cut numbers "AN25" instead of 1925. Using both really threw the folks
that actually copy the exchange - I could tell from the long delay while they
corrected the pre-filled fields. I bet if I just stuck to the call history data
using my name "TOM" and full number, maybe I'd see a slight
improvement. I like to mix things up a bit and challenge folks to actually copy
the exchange, otherwise what's the purpose of these events?

Here's to a new chapter in American politics and Presidential history, no matter
what side of the carrier you operate on.

73, Tom (aka "JOE")
K8BKM