[3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 17:37:23 +0000
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint - 2021

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 9.75

------------
   80:   45
   40:   88
   20:  184
   15:   15
   10:
------------
Total:  332  Mults = 43  Continents = 6  Total Score = 85,656

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

9.75 hours on going by the N1MM clock, but a lot of that was idle time (five
minutes between CQs, etc.) while distractedly doing other things as activity
wasn't there to warrant full-time attention.

Thanks to the Canary Is. station for Africa -- the only AF heard from this end
of North America. Missed finding Aldo YV5AAX for the South American mult;
fortunately, CX, PY and LU stations were there, though rather sparse and I had
to go to 15M to find any. Alas, 15M wasn't much help at all this time out. But
soon... oh, soon it will be the money band again.

Didn't see the dramatic Saturday afternoon JA runs on 20M from previous years.
Big thanks to those who get on to hand out the invaluable 10 JA multipliers. 20M
over the pole was rather sketchy here, so only a handful of EU countries ended
up in the log. Without that path there's not much hope of being competitive.

One ZL for the OC mult, and no KH6 or (hugely important) VKs. As I often say,
thank God for New Zealand (me being a Kiwi).

I really enjoy the BARTG contests and as the solar cycle improves let's hope 6
continents is the steady state for a few years (last time I bagged 'em all in
this one was 2014).

Anyone scanning the contest calendar will see there's a grand lineup of awesome
contests coming up through February, with something for everyone regardless of
mode preferences. Looking forward to being in there with everyone.

73 and thanks for the contacts!

-- Bud VA7ST
https://va7st.ca -- A radio operator's notebook

Year  QSOs Mult   Score  Continents
-----------------------------------
2021: 332   43    85,656  6 HP  9.75 hrs
2020: 179   37    33,115  5 HP
2019: 138   31    21,390  5 HP  3.5 hrs
2016  284   42    59,640  5 HP  9.0 hrs
2015  209   38    39,710  5 HP  4.5 hrs