[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3IQZ SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE3IQZ@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3IQZ SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 05:47:22 +0000

  5.7:   0     0
  10G:   0     0
  24G:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  16     7  Total Score = 126

Club: PETERBOROUGH AMATEUR RADIO CLUB

Comments:

FT8IS KILLING SSB  IN THIS CONTEST !!
I only worked 5 ssb stations outside my grid. Before FT8 I could get 15 to 20
ssb contacts on 6 and 2 metres up and down the bands, calling CQ and S&P.
Where were the CT, VT, PA, OH, IL grid square stations that I regularly worked
before ft8 this time? They were sitting on ft8, on a single frequency, watching
a chat page picking off stations as they scroll by on a waterfall.
Separate FT modes from the VHF contests, Create FT mode only contests on a
separate date and get SSB,CW,and FM participation in the less populated areas
back up where it used to be.
Only activity will keep the vultures from looking at taking all or part of our
VHF bands.
REMOVE THE FT MODES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!