[3830] CQ160 CW W5ZN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W5ZN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 13:35:21 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W5ZN
Operator(s): W5ZN
Station: W5ZN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Arkansas
Operating Time (hrs): 28:15
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1411  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 49  Total Score = 489,024

Club: Zilla Contest Group

Comments:

Entered in the SOHP category (no cluster/internet or skimmer). Condx

Friday evening were marginal to EU and never opened up well even during EU SR.
Did manage a few mults but the total number of 10 point Q’s was depressing!
There was excellent activity within NA so a good Q count, even with the low
point value, was added to the log. Had a line of rain move through in the night
that generated some QRN, causing minor RX difficulty with some weak callers.

Saturday evening was another high activity night although a lot of the same
folks. EU condx were very gud just after SS here in Arkansas but went flat
around 0230z. During EU SR, however, sigs were excellent and I was able to add a
good number of 10 point Q’s as well as a few new mults to the lot.

My total QSO count this year is around 150 higher than last year but my DX mult
count is lower by 15. Was able to work all states except Alaska and all VE
provinces except LB, NT, NU and YT.

Equipment used for this contest:
2xElecraft K3
OM Power OM2500A amplifier @ 1500 Watts
Top Ten Devices Op Swapper
SO2R Mini
N1MM Logging Software

TX Antenna:
5 Element Parasitic Array (Operated mostly in Omni mode)

RX Antennas:
BSEF-8 Vertical Array
HiZ-8 Vertical Array
YCCC-9 Vertical Array
4 – 540 ft Beverages

Thanks to everyone for the Q’s and mults.

73 Joel W5ZN