[3830] CQ160 CW K9MMS Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9MMS Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 18:37:47 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

Total:  QSOs = 731  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 24  Total Score = 149,896

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3 + P3 ; KPA-500, 500W first night ; AL-80B, 800W second night.
Inverted L on 25G tower - knee at 58 feet.  Many radials and 4 ground screens.
Three-element, Hi-Z, vertical RX array.

Missed 5 VE sections.  Saw KL7SB spotted several times, but never able to copy
his signal.  His activity times seemed to be rather short, so missed 50 states
worked.  KL7 activity is more sparse on 160 now that a few of the very active
Alaska contesters of years gone by are sadly now SKs - KL7Y, KL7RA, AL9A.

Just a part time effort.  Had a few good CQ runs, but spent too much time
chasing mults and looking for DX.  DX was very disappointing.  I was unable to
copy most of the DX spotted.  Most of the DX copied were bouncing near the noise
floor.  Also some rapid QSB at times.  The majority of the time when a DX
station was spotted, I found a very loud domestic “CQ machine” right on the
same frequency, so no go there.