[3830] CQ160 CW W4PK Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@4pk.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4PK Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 19:21:40 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:08

Total:  QSOs = 475  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 40  Total Score = 148,704

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another fun contest! I had some moderately successful runs but about two-thirds
of my contacts were by S&Ping.  This year all of my DX contacts were made by
this mode.  I overslept Saturday morning so I missed whatever DX was there at my
sunrise.  However, I was up in time for sunrise Sunday morning but none of the
usual JA's could be heard at this location.  And I did not hear any South
Americans either. Most of my DX contacts were with the Europeans with a few from
the Caribbean and Central America areas.

Saturday afternoon around 5:30pm I had a good run going when all of a sudden my
Winkeyer started only sending clicks instead of dashes but it would send the
dots just fine.  First I closed down N1MM+ and reset the computer but that
didn't help.  Then I unplugged and then replugged the USB connector back into
the Winkeyer but that didn't help either.  Then I removed its cover and reseated
 the two IC's that were in sockets but that didn't help.  Next I went into the
N1MM+ Config menu for Winkey and clicked the "Use 2nd Output" tab but
that didn't help either.  So I unckecked the 2nd tab and then it started working
properly again!  I just don't know why...!

As usual I need to apologize for often being slow in responding to calls when I
was running.  For several years now I have been having problems with my left arm
and especially my left hand shaking when I type so it does take some time for me
to correct what I had entered...  And it is really hard for me to solder
anything now.  But I am very happy to be  able to still to enjoy this hobby!

73, Sam W4PK