[3830] CQ160 CW VE3BR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3br@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3BR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 20:10:24 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs): 14:44

Total:  QSOs = 626  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 7  Total Score = 183,061

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Orion + AL-80B @ ~700 W
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.8930.0

Another attempt to answer my most fundamental of existential questions: why am I
contesting on 160 using a non-resonant vertical and without RX antenna? And once
more no answer. And once again the same lesson learned: if you want to run with
the big dogs, don't bring a poodle. Conditions not good, a bit better on
Saturday night than the Friday night, but by then I had already run out of those
whom I could hear and who heard me. There were quite a few of the
"annoying" kind: I could hear them, they could not hear me. A new
thing this year was that several times when I had established a productive run
(by my standards that is ~100/hr for 160) there was someone coming to my CQ
frequency and trying to push me out. The excuse of not hearing me doesn't work;
after all I was running with a good response rate. I think this does not prove
that the world is full of assholes, rather that they are strategically placed so
that you'll come across one at least every day...