[3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, invl160@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 22:19:05 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: GN37
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 498  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 50  Total Score = 336,431

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

On Thursday I drove to my remote location to repair the Inv L FCP with help from
Boyd VO1DI.  It was snowing but no wind.  I neglected to check my BOG.
Discovered back home that it was not working.  The insulation might be cracked
and the copper is shorted by the heavy snow or the transformer box is full of
ice.  Listening on the L was rough Friday night with hugh static crashes.  Not
so bad on Sat night .  Really missed the BOG.!  Went to bed each night and got
back on around 6 a.m. local.  All nighters for me are a thing of the past.

Found conditions poor on Fri night but a bit improved on Sat.  Lots of
unanswered calls and CQing in my face from otherwise strong signals.   Logged
about 200x10 pointers.

Missed NF! ..and 11 others.

K3 Remote KPA 500 KAT500
56ft Inv L + FCP ( by K2AV)