[3830] CQ160 CW KC9EE Single Op Assisted QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc9ee@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KC9EE Single Op Assisted QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 22:34:59 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KC9EE
Operator(s): KC9EE
Station: KC9EE

Class: Single Op Assisted QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 143  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 0  Total Score = 11,692

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Didn't dedicate much time. Too busy planning and packing for an out of town
short job stint.  I need to learn the word "no"

Running QRP, it was very interesting to see who out there receives well and who
maybe doesn't.  Some instances of not being heard by loud stations I attribute
to not being in a favorable lobe of their receive antenna.  A few though I
believe are running way more power than they should given how poorly they are
receiving.  A quick look at QRZ pages usually confirms the suspicions.

I might have to try this one QRP one more time to at least give N9SE another
horse to race against.  One thing I did do was not challenge a station to waste
time trying to hear me.  If it was a slow time and they weren't busy, I'd try
several calls.  If they were busy but were struggling to get all my call, I'd
moved on.  I didn't want to spoil a good run.

Ironically, I did work a few stations by CQing but three at a time does not make
a run, lol.

73,

Gary KC9EE