[3830] CQ160 CW VE3NZ Single Op Assisted QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, qrp.ben@rogers.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3NZ Single Op Assisted QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 22:57:18 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE3NZ
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: VE3NZ

Class: Single Op Assisted QRP
QTH: GTA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:05

Total:  QSOs = 335  State/Prov = 35  Countries = 2  Total Score = 58,090

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Very good activity, not so good DX opening from here, the North.
Rig IC-705, antenna INV-L  at 35 ft high. I really enjoyed my brand new rig
running on its Li-ion battery and bluetooth earbuds (borrowed from Apple
iPhone).
The IC-705 has an excellent receiver, I heard many DX stations from EU. The less
the power the more the fun with QRP. I was running 1W (one) Watt in this contest
so the battery lasted to the end. I worked 20 hrs.
My best contacts were VY2ZM from the East, VE6WZ from the West, NP2J and ZF5T
from the South. Some guys got really amazing ears.
Special thanks for the calls I got for my CQs: W3MA, K0YR and NN3W. That was my
longest "RUN" :-). (I know that 1W category does not exist but 5W is
almost QRO for me).
Who says that little pistols can not have huge fun in this great contest.
Thanks to CQ Magazine for sponsoring the CQ-WW-160.

73' Ben
VE3NZ