[3830] CQ160 CW K3MM Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3mm@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K3MM Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 02:51:07 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: K3MM

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

Total:  QSOs = 1293  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 60  Total Score = 556,200

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I started out just to make some points for the club and got sucked into the
vortex!  Was having too much fun running stateside the first night to do much
DXing and my 1/4 wave sloper and no RX antennas were not conducive so I just
went for rate and piled up over 900 Qs the first night but little DX.
2nd night I did more SO2V action working multiplier spots...most of which I
could barely hear at all.  It was also obvious that EU was hearing me better
than I was hearing them.  Then Sunday around 0530, all the signals popped up for
a while and I could hear them!  I did some running but mostly grab and go
including a few new multipliers I couldnt hear the rest of the time.  With my
sloper leaning towards EU, I eeked out HI, but never heard ZL, VK, KL7, or JA
etc.

I'm curious about how many assisted entries took advantage of the remote RX
allowance.  I felt like I should have tapped into a receiver at LPL or something
for true SO2R!  LOL!

I was using the Flex 6600m and a Acom2000a and it worked fairly well.  I went
back to using 2 keyboards/single computer with N1MM and it was fairly stable.
The Acom  servos were getting a workout the 2nd night hopping from one segment
to another and had a few Arc Faults along the way but mostly good results.  I
probably could have worked out some compromise on tuning to keep it from doing
the serious "gear shifting", but overall it went OK.

73, Ty K3MM