[3830] CQ160 CW KA1J Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KA1J Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 02:58:57 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KA1J
Operator(s): KA1J
Station: KA1J

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 431  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 36  Total Score = 118,710

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

I haven't been on in a long time, funny how rusty that can make us. A new YL in
the life is a distraction, this is the first time she saw me in contest mode and
I had to juggle attentions hihi. Yeah, excuses...

I was surprised how little DX was hearing me EU was calling CQ and they were
being called locally, hearing the locals, not the faint DX. Decided to use the
amp instead of QRP, since I was more in it to give points than win, I made it
easier on myself. There is something wrong with my Rx antennas and I wasn't able
to get out to the swamp to see what's wrong. The cables are all exposed flooded
coax lying on a marsh, so anything is possible, likely animal chews. The
directionality is shot and less than it's usual stellar self, but even so, they
were a real asset. Last fall they were a Godsend.

Looking forward to the K4D when shipping comes my way, it'll be fun in that next
contest.

Antenna is a sloper, circle 8 Rx antennas & I'm grateful for them.

Stay safe.

73,
Gary, KA1J