[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 04:53:43 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 1200  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 35  Total Score = 284,715

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I was glad to be able to operate the whole weekend this time, having mossed the
first night of the ARRL 160 last time.

This session started with it's issues though.  I arrived and found I had left
the power adapter for my laptop at home.  I had brought another laptop along.
It was a slow slug and had some other issues.  Facing a drive home to get it
(1.5 hrs to home and back).  I checked Best Buy.  Luckily they had what I needed
locally.  Whew!

Got back and finally got on the air.

DX was not so bad the first night.  Some EU popped in early, then gone until EU
SR.  2nd night they did not seem to be there until closer to SR.  Even then not
so great.

Missed KL7, NU, NWT, YT

Mults worked:

JA, KH6, ZL, CM, HI, KP2, KP4, V3, XE, ZF, 9A, CT, CU, DL, EA, EA6, EI, F, G,
GD, GM, GU, HA, HB, IT9, LA, LZ, OK, OM, PA, S5, SM, UA2, CT3, D4, EA8

>From what I saw, I was never spotted in Eu at least on Reverse Beacon.  I saw a
few JAs spotted but never heard any that were spotted.  I had two answer to my
CQs the first night.  NIL that way the 2nd night.  Never did catch KL7.  Usually
if I work KL7 it is a good indicator that JA may be popping in.

It's always great to use the great hardware at W0AIH.

73, John  K0TG