[3830] CQ160 CW K0DI(@N2CEI) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0DI(@N2CEI) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 16:50:52 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K0DI
Operator(s): K0DI WW2R N2CEI K4SME
Station: N2CEI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1584  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 65  Total Score = 752,308

Club:

Comments:

Dave, K0DI did the heavy lifting, Dave WW2R did the over night shifts via remote
and Sandra and I  filled in the blanks keeping the machine running having
someone in both operating positions most of the time. Our Best 10 point QSO run
Started 1.5 hrs before EU Sunrise on Friday night and lasted  2+ hrs or so. All
other times except for a brief run on Saturday night, the DX signals had fast
QSB making erratic QSO's with repeats required on both ends. Missed a few Mults
because signals were to marginal and where were the Caribbean stations? So,down
on multipliers but up on QSO's producing a lower score than last year but
netting 324 10 point QSO's.  All in All  a great time  had here during this
years experiment!  List of Mults worked.

4O, 4X, 5B, 9A, 9K, CM, CT, CT3, CU, D4, DL, E7, EA,
EA6, EA8, EI, ES, EU, F, G, GD, GM, GW, HA, HB, HI, HK,
HL, I, IT9, JA, K , KH6, KP2, KP4, LA, LU, LY, LZ, OE,
OH , OH0, OK, OM, ON, OZ, PA, PJ4, PY, S5, SM, SP, SV,
TA, TI, UA, UA2, UR, V3, VE, XE, YL, YO, YU, YV , ZF, ZL

People have asked about  the station here and we never provided the details
because its nothing very special at all and  is mostly all Home Brew. So, can't
flash out many familiar equipment names. Out in the Barn, two K3's with 2nd RX,
HB Amplifier, Two re-firb windows 7 computers with N1MM, HB ANT switching
console  for 5 paired 800-1000' beverages  and single shorter beverages to the
SE and E. Single 800-1000' beverage on 2nd RX to the NE and NW with a low dipole
and the TX vertical as 2nd RX options.
The TX antenna is a HB insulated base 1/4 mono-pole, 120 buried ground radials
(130') feed with 450 foot of 7/8" hardline from the shack. In the
summer,all of the RX antennas  are removed and stored. Left them out one summer
and that was a mistake being just north of the lightning capitol of the world!
What a Mess! BUT-- its a very economical station being that we make  the
transformers, combiners and isolation transformers along with the the two main
switch boxes in the field and indoor switching console. We enjoy making stuff
work.
Oh! The remote station is one way with a Remote Rig RRC-1258 so our team members
 can get in from where ever they are. Thats a strange experience watching the
station operate and log QSO as you search and Pounce.  Hope that answers some
Questions from K0DI/N2CEI.  See  you in the CQWW SSB  as N2CEI. Enjoy the Hobby!