[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 04:10:56 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Madison, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   44
   40:   60
   20:   49
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Early Birds - Kestrels

Comments:

I apologize to all for being a real lid in this one. I've been having some
problems with RF getting into my monitor, and tonight it was the worst it's ever
been. Usually it is intermittent only on 20, but tonight it was on all bands. I
had to run LP to keep it at a minimum. Sleuthing is required. At times the
screen would just go blank and I was typing blindly. It would switch modes to my
feed from the TV upstairs, etc., etc. Then it would go into "display"
mode and blank part of the screen, hence a lot of repeat requests. I had to log
a few QSOs by hand and type them in later. I apologize for the cut zero in my
SNs too. That's a new one, just out of the blue tonight from my logging program.
I have no idea where that came from. I could get no traction on 20 in spite of
the new time. I think I lost every jump ball on that band. Forty and eighty were
better. After 3 hours the monitor was driving me crazy so I quit and went to
watch the last part of the Wisconsin vs Minnesota hockey game. That was more
entertaining and the Badgers won 8-1. This contest works much better from our
cabin up north

Thanks for the Qs.

73 Jim WI9WI