[3830] BC QSO VE7IO Multi-OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BC QSO VE7IO Multi-OpMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 21:27:20 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2021

Call: VE7IO
Operator(s): VE7WJ VA7NF VE7IO VE7FO VA7TU VA7QD VE7TI
Station: VE7IO

Class: Multi-OpMixed HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    7      0        6         0
   80:   20     60       11        28
   40:  122     32       52        20
   20:  338    345       70        59
   15:  104    114       41        39
   10:    0      0        0         0
Total:  591    551      180       146  Total Score = 1,157,096

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We operated as a M/M distributed multi-op (DMO) and the setup worked flawlessly.
We seem to be improving our skills in setting up and using the DMO setup.  All
stations were located in the Metro Vancouver area with two of the 5 on the VPN
located at VE7IO with one remoted and the other in the shack. We had our limit
of 5 stations connected for the free service.  We used a combination of radios
at VE7IO the radio in the shack was a Flex 6700 and the remoted radio was an
Icom 7610. Jim, VE7FO, was operating an Elecraft K3, Al, VE7WJ, was running an
Icom 7700 and John, VE7TI, was running an Icom 7300.
Guest operators who operated the remote radio at VE7IO were Jeanne, VA7QD and
Christine, VA7TU. Do to Covid-19 we were careful to only have one operator at
the remote radio at a time with cleaning between ops.  Stan, VA7NF operated the
Flex 6700 full time in the shack and he was the biggest contributor to the final
score.  He operated CW only.
N1MM performed flawlessly as well and we were able to communicate with each
station using the talk feature.
Thanks to all the stations who participated in the BCQP and a particular thanks
to the stations that put us in their logs.

73
Fred VE7IO