[3830] RTTY WPX K4XL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, grimm@sbc.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K4XL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 00:14:08 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
   80:   76
   40:  253
   20:   77
   15:   22
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Murphy sat on me most of the time!  Ice caused problems.  Several power
interruptions gave my generator a good workout, but UPS didn't work and computer
closed abruptly when power went off.  Glitch in N1MM+ causing the Telnet window
to hang open with Scrolling Enabled showing.  Everything was frozen requiring
use of Task Manager to regain control.  Ice caused three trees down so far!
Naturally one appears to be across a beverage which hampered 80 meters!  The amp
shut off abruptly and I found that a fuse had blown.  The bad part was that the
body of the fuse came loose from the metal end cap which remained stuck inside
the cap!  Fortunately, I found a replacement in the junk box.  However, that
meant considerable down time before I could get through the ice to the shed
where the needed part was located.  Then my back went out.  A plan to make over
1,000 Qs went down the toilet.  I'll be lucky if I can make 500...and I didn't.
What little time I was on, I enjoyed the Qs and look forward to next year!  It
was great fun to work a few guys who were really, actually, running RTTY...like
for real on the green keys!  Keeping it real!  73 OMs!  I can't say that I miss
the noise and smell of oil...but appreciate those that enjoy it still!