[3830] RTTY WPX WV4P Distributed M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WV4P Distributed M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 00:52:07 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: WV4P
Operator(s): WV4P NR4L
Station: WV4P

Class: Distributed M/M HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 38:12

------------
   80:  424
   40:  961
   20:  915
   15:  234
   10:    0
------------

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

We are building a new station but it's not near ready for a contest... But, we
have the first few antennas up and figured - what better way to test them ? But,
with no antennas for a couple bands and no way to rotate them....  We needed
both stations.
 They added the Distributed option, but that puts us in M/M with just the XYL
and myself. We won't be competitive with having to sleep but we can have fun and
test. Tossed together a little station in a camper and without 220 run the only
option was an old 811 and 300 watts to keep it happy all weekend. The XYL Trina,
NR4L used that station and I used the old station.

Very happy with the testing we got in, then the Winter Storm arrived and we had
to get her off the hill before any more ice hit the roads, she came back here
and we finished it out in a traditional M/2. (Just in time, roads were
impassable shortly after)

Watched and participated in some great races on Online Scoreboard... if your not
using it you are missing out. The NR6O crew limited us to a couple short naps
and made us pay dearly for them !

It's RTTY, so it's FUN ! Bands were OK, not good, not bad... just usable. We
made the best out of it and had a good time. Thanks for the Q's and see you in
the next'n.