[3830] RTTY WPX VE4VT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VE4VT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 01:59:01 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 11:18
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:    5
   40:  184
   20:  242
   15:   59
   10:    0
------------

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Had plans for a full out SO2R effort,  Murphy had other ideas.

Spent all friday afternoon trying to resolve an issue where my audio was nott
getting routed from the second radio to the decoder. With 5 minutes to go before
the contest start time, I discovered that a Windows 10 update must have reset
the soundcard audio to mono. Setting it to stereo resolved the problem.

Just after the contest started I realized that the rotator was being real
sluggish and would not always turn. I had not used the rotator for the last
couple of weeks and with temps vatrying between -25 to -35 C, I thought  things
may just be frozen up. When I went to turn the antenna from the west, there was
no longer any motion.  I can only assume that the mechanical fuse in the
Prositel rotor had protected the rotator.  I will not know for a couple of
months when I can safely climb the tower and remove the rotator.  So that really
left me unmotivated to go on knowing I would be operating from the ground mouted
vertical or the beam pointed west.

I started Saturday morning and after a while, no one was responding to me.
Turned out that the MMTTY engine kept changing the com port from com4 to com5.
When I reset it back to com, operation was restored.  This happened at least 4
more times throughout the weekend.  Is this a new bug or is it just me???

It was difficult to keep my Butt in the chair. Sorry for the repeat requests.

Ed VE4VT

N1MM+ (MMTTY in FSK)
Steppir Biggir vertical