[3830] RTTY WPX WW3S SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ww3s@zoominternet.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WW3S SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 19:30:12 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: WW3S
Operator(s): WW3S
Station: WW3S

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 26.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  124
   40:  360
   20:  536
   15:   94
   10:
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

first time playing in this one for a few years. Usually go to Florida for a week
or two over the winter, and with the popularity growing for the Orlando
Hamcation, we usually go in that time-frame, which unfortunately occurs on RTTY
WPX weekend. Last year worked WPX remote while poolside after a day at the
hamfest.  Had pre contest hopes of beating my personal best which is around 2.2
million. Despite all the preparation, things went south early Friday night with
a power supply issue on my Icom 7300. resetting MM wasn't enough, had to reboot
the pc several times to get the virtual ports back. After changing the power
supply, things didn't get any better. hard with 100w to find a run freq on the
crowded band, and with solar conditions as bad as they were, if I heard a
station, they couldn't hear me. even locals on 80 had flutter. pulled the plug
early Friday night, and Saturday wasn't much better. had a few small runs going,
but never anything sustained, spent my time pointing and clicking on mults, and
trying to find a freq to run, even for a short time. Very hard to keep my butt
in the chair.  Nothing else broke, and worked T6 for a new one on RTTY. Sunday
on 15, could barely hear stations but 2Tone had solid copy. Thanks to all for
the qsos.