[3830] RTTY WPX KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:01:22 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS KE7AUB KR7X NK7U
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Remote Operation

------------
   80:   49
   40:  570
   20:  700
   15:  408
   10:    0
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Wild weekend with freezing rain, snow, power outages and trees shedding widow
maker limbs around the contest clubhouse.

Andy KE7AUB, thanks to his Audi Quattro made it to the station.  We relied on
Hank KR7X and Joe NK7U to fill some hours via the RemoteRig / K3 remote.

SO many Murphy and Mother Nature interruptions and challenges! freezing rain
started Friday a few hours before the contest.  A power outage for 5 hours
before the contest got us on late.  Then, ice loaded antennas going out of
resonance, ice loaded thrust bearings preventing antenna rotation, constant
power 'blips' lasting 1 to 2 seconds when we did have power causing us to
reconfigure the VPN network, resynchronize logs etc. etc...

In spite of that, we almost matched last year's score with fewer operators, and
finally had to shut down and leave the station as the 100' tall fir tree that
covers the station was dropping immense limbs, literally too dangerous to
continue.

Murphy and Ms. Nature are a wicked pair to draw to, but we had fun.

CU in the ARRL DX CW next weekend

73 Kevin K7ZS for PDXRCC