[3830] RTTY WPX WI9WI SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WI9WI SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 18:58:53 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Winter, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
   80:   87
   40:   79
   20:  238
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Doing this one from PJ2T as I have for several years was a no go, so I decided
to do it from our cabin up north which has better antennas, is quieter, and has
a full power amp. This was probably not a wise choice. The cabin is unheated
when we're not there and it was 0 deg inside when we got there Thursday
afternoon. We got it up to 60 by bedtime with the electric heaters and the
woodburner. Thursday night it got down to 19 below outside and never got above
zero before we left. Friday we got it to almost 70 before the contest started,
but I have to take one of the two 240V heaters offline to power the amp. It was
all downhill after that. It got down to 24 below Friday night and without the
one heater I could never get it over 60 inside Saturday morning. Near the floor
it is about 40 or so which leads to cold feet when you're sitting for long
periods. After 3 hours at the rig I decided it was just too uncomfortable to
continue since it was projected to get to 27 below that night, so we packed up
and went back to Madison. Activity seemed good.

Thanks to all. I hope to be back at PJ2T next year.

73 Jim WI9WI