[3830] ARRLDX CW W2UP(@K6ND) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2up.co@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W2UP(@K6ND) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 20:12:33 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: K6ND

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  855    66
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  855    66  Total Score = 168,894

Club:

Comments:

limited operating time.  Operated remotely from K6ND in PA for the first time.
And this is the first time I've operated from PA again since moving west in
2009.  So, the guys that don't update their CTY files should have it correct on
pre-fill this time :-)

Condx - Interesting.  Very disturbed Sat. morning into EU with several hours of
heavy auroral flutter, yet signals remained strong and the opening lasted longer
than I expected.

As far as operators go, this was the most unruly I've ever heard the EU pileups.
 They were frequently 5+ deep, all zero beat with each other of course,  and if
I caught a few letters, I'd ask for that station and everyone would call again.
Very frustrating and counterproductive for everyone!

The remote configuration was a last minute thing on my end.  I have a K3 and
K6ND has an Icom 7610.  RCForB worked for the tuning dial, but that was about
it.  The CW sidetone sounded like a very bad bug, but listening to myself on my
home station, it transmitted perfectly.  Couldn't get RIT to work via N1MM, so I
had a tough time with some guys way off freq.  If anyone has anyone info on this
cross-radio setup, I'd like to hear how they did it.

73,
Barry W2UP