[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3CV SO Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE3CV SO Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 19:52:27 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: EN93el
Operating Time (hrs): 16:31

  160:    1     1
   80:   32    28
   40:   28    19
   20:  108    55
   15:   28    19
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  200   125  Total Score = 75,000

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Decided to do a serious QRP effort since my #1 NA CQ160CW QRP effort as VE3FRX
way back in 2008!  But only could make 16.5 hours before my brain gave out on a
sunny Sunday afternoon. SFI/A/K said this could be lousy, but I tried anyway.
Took 1 hour at the crazy start to get 2 Qs..Mexico and Japan on 20m! OK, game
on.  But as the crowds thinned and the other bands opened it got real fun as my
5W was heard my most I called. 40m was too noisy for me with windtowers
spinning.  And I had to dig out the 3feet of packed snow drift covering the base
of my GAP DX Voyager 40m vertical to get the SWR back to flat.  I think coyotes
had been using it as a pee pole. But 80m was a surprize to EU on Friday night.
Even better on Saturday night!  Then Saturday morning 80m was amazing with
KH6LC, wH6R, ZM1A and VK2GR in the log.  Great ears at those locations.  Nice to
have EU open on 15 both days.  Sunday morning on 80m was more fun with RM0F,
JH4UHB in the log. Wow.  All the BOGs were under 2ft of snow but worked well, as
did the Beverages.  Used the K3 and 5 watts and N1MM all the way.
Got to go dig some snow now while the sun is shining....went from -20C to -2C
today!  Gotta love winter. So what a great way to pass a Covid weekend.
Thanks for all the great ears out there.
73 Jeff VE3CV