[3830] ARRLDX CW WH7T(WH7W) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WH7T(WH7W) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 00:41:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WH7T
Operator(s): WH7W
Station: WH7T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:  127    35
   80:  111    34
   40:  306    50
   20:  724    56
   15:  848    54
   10:   69     9
-------------------
Total: 2185   238  Total Score = 1,549,380

Club:

Comments:

Decent band conditions and activity. I planned a moderate effort as always lots
to do at QTH, and I honestly can't find my way to sit in a chair for too long.

Spent part of Saturday getting antenna working on 80M. Started to try to make
the 160 inverted-L a 1/2 wave end-fed for 80, but too problematic to match. I
did not want to burn/blow anything up. Took the easy way out and placed a tuner
at bottom of a single T-top 80M vertical. Seemed to work fine.

Interesting flutter on New England signals on 20M Sunday toward last 2 hrs of
contest. Flutter seemed to migrate to Midwest, but not further south than
Pennsylvania. Correlates well with Aurora Map at SWPC.

Tnx Q's

Mark WH7W