[3830] ARRLDX CW N5AW SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N5AW SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 02:28:37 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Texas (EM00TQ)
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:
   40:   24    24
   20:   61    37
   15:  583    76
   10:    6     6
-------------------
Total:  583    76  Total Score = 132,924

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Score is for 15 meter contacts only. All my wire antennas are down from the ice
storm. Half of the reflector on my 40 meter Moxon broke off and driven element
is bent but it actually loaded up (though afraid to rotate it). One 20 meter
Yagi just below the Moxon was also damaged. With all that damage I decided to do
single band 15 meters. I also did single band 15 in CQWW. That was fun with over
1500 QSOs. Unfortunately that was not to be the case for this contest. Started
out well with 122 Q's Friday evening - nice opening to Japan and SE Asia.
Saturday Europe was in but mostly weak and few northern Europeans. Best hour was
91 compared to 156 in CQWW. Ended the day with 499 Qs on 15 compared to over 800
in CQWW. Sunday was a real slog only Europeans were Spain, Portugal and ZB2TT.
CQs would produce a contact about every 15 minutes. S&P not much better. To
my surprise though we again got a decent opening to Japan. Even had BG9XD call
for a multiplier (only 6 added Sunday). Got bored and spent some time on 20 and
took several long breaks. Ceases to be fun when conditions are so poor. Don't
know what the antenna situation will be for the phone weekend. Should be able to
get 160 and 80 going but 40 may be limited to a temporary dipole. After this one
I'm not too excited about another single band entry though.

                             2021 ARRL DX Test N5AW
                                 Continent List

                    160    80    40    20    15    10   ALL
       NA calls =     0     0     7    11    35     2    55
       SA calls =     0     0     1     5    87     4    97
     Euro calls =     0     0    16    36   234     0   286
  African calls =     0     0     0     1    11     0    12
    Asian calls =     0     0     0     2     6     0     8
    Japan calls =     0     0     0     3   188     0   191
    Ocean calls =     0     0     0     3    38     0    41

    Total calls =     0     0    24    61   599     6   690