[3830] ARRLDX CW N7DX(@K7RL) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7dx@tonygarland.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7DX(@K7RL) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 04:51:37 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N7DX
Operator(s): K7RL N7DX
Station: K7RL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Camano Island, WA
Operating Time (hrs): ~43
Remote Operation

  160:   17    10
   80:  286    35
   40:  680    73
   20:  939    84
   15:  249    48
   10:   13     7
-------------------
Total: 2184   257  Total Score = 1,659,192

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Below-average conditions coincided with the start of the contest, but we at
least had some reasonable activity on 15 for a while after the start.  Never did
get the low band runs into Europe which Mitch experienced last year, although we
had a few Europeans on 80 and very short strings on 40.

We surmise the lower multiplier totals this year are due, in part, to
conditions, but especially COVID's affect upon world-wide travel.

Always encouraged by the many in Asia who call in in the wee hours of the night
when the going gets tough.

My apologies to those who had to repeat their calls so often (I was dealing with
some problems affecting the quality of my audio feed.)

Also: my first recent experience with large pile-ups beaming to Europe.  I say
"recent" because of the affect that spots have had upon pile-ups since
my previous experience. In situations where many keep continuously calling, the
spots lead to most stations aligned on the exact same frequency (pitch) which
makes picking out individual stations a daunting prospect (almost sounds like
continuous key-down)!

Thanks to all for a lot of fun and Q's on multiple bands!  We had a great time,
in spite of marginal conditions.