[3830] ARRLDX CW IK2CLB SOSB/160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW IK2CLB SOSB/160 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 08:24:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: IK2CLB
Operator(s): IK2CLB
Station: IK2CLB

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: jn55dm
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Remote Operation

  160:  142    29
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  142    29  Total Score = 12,354

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

My goal was to do 160 meters, despite the low power ( there isn't category, i
know), but I had some problems during the second night, first I lost a beverage
( 150 meters long,the first night it worked) maybe damaged by some animal, so
Had to use a VSB (very short beverage) 90 meters long towards central America,
then the radio power supply started to have problems and I had to further
decrease the output power, already low on its own, I could only transmit with 30
w and in 160 meters it becomes really hard, especially when the contacts are
overseas. Despite the 30 watts I managed to connect nearly 50 North Americans,
thanks to their ears I guess. As it became really difficult to operate like
this, I did some QSOs even in 40s where the cw rates were really high, even
200qso / h a great fun for me. Unfortunately I made a bit of confusion with the
contest score, I apologize to friends who watched the ranking in real time, but
it was clear from the multipliers, that I had  QSOs on other bands and not only
on 160 meters.

rig tx knw ts 480 100/30 Watts
RX Perseus
Tx ant: vertical full size dipole with parasitic reflector made by 80 meters
tall tower.

rx ant: beverage 90 meters long.

73 and thank you all for patience.