[3830] ARRLDX CW K2DM SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dm@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2DM SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 14:15:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: K2DM

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:   15     9
   80:   67    33
   40:  170    52
   20:  311    61
   15:   70    31
   10:   10     8
-------------------
Total:  643   194  Total Score = 373,062

Club: The Villages Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Well, I was down 13 contacts and 56 multipliers from last year's winning total.
I stayed in the chair more this year and took shorter off times.  Last year when
I was sleeping I missed an opening to JA in the middle of the night on 20M
(thanks to K2PS for letting me know).  This year I was rewarded by working 4
ZLs, 1 VK and FK.  Hey, 6 stations is almost 1 percent of my total!

This contest is all about tuning, tuning, tuning, with a bunch of attempts to
call CQ in between.  Most CQs went unrewarded, but a number yielded a few
contacts.  It was especially good when someone came back to me on my first or
second CQ.  That told me that I could be heard, so I was hopeful.  Sometimes,
however, that was the only station that answered, so I moved on to tuning,
tuning, tuning.

It continues to amaze me what you can do with 5 watts.  Sure, there are lots of
times when loud stations will CQ in your face, but there are other times you get
through when you think you don't have a chance.  Like working Europe on 160, or
getting through a big pileup on Sunday afternoon.

Speaking of Sunday afternoon - what a challenge to keep at it.  My last seven
hours were all under 10 contacts, with one hour netting 3 contacts.  But those
46 contacts could be the difference, so I kept at it.  It didn't hurt that I had
the PGA golf tournament on the TV to entertain me.

To those stations who stuck with me to pull out that final letter of my callsign
I offer my sincere thanks.

73,
George K2DM