[3830] ARRLDX CW 9A7A M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 9A7A M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 09:27:55 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: 9A7A
Operator(s): 9A2V 9A3TR 9A3OS 9A5X 9A7V
Station: 9A7A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: JN86DI
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  178    35
   80:  587    46
   40: 1213    57
   20: 1446    60
   15:  285    44
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3709   242  Total Score = 2,691,282

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Last time we worked in this contest was some 13 years ago. A small group of
people gathered together to enter the M/2 category by simply using runs on two
transmitters and no inband technology (this time). The contest started well on
the first day but the thrill was killed by an elevated geomagnetic activity
started on the second night and continuing until the end of the contest. We
simply couldn't make any decent runs on top bands.

The story remained the same in the afternoon on the second day with 20m in a
very poor shape (not to mention 15m which was completely closed). We have also
missed a short opening on 10m first day, losing some valuable multipliers.

For some reason (beyond our understanding) our posting on contesting.com was
stopped for the last 30 min of the contest (It was not us who turned it off) and
that can easily be verified on COSB.

So being accused of something you didn't do by someone who started posting from
the middle of a contest is a bit ridiculous.

How the things look like now, the packing order will be decided by the UBN
procedure.

There is no contest throughout the contest season where one can work more NA
stations, so we thank so many callers for getting in touch with us during this
event.

On behalf of 9A7A team
Sam, 9A3OS