[3830] NAQP RTTY VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 02:04:43 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 3:11

   80:    6     4
   40:   37    19
   20:   50    22
   15:    7     5
   10:
-------------------
Total:  100    50  Total Score = 5,000

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

My sincere thanks for help rec'd from W0YK & AA5AU last week tweaking my
MMTTY program and also advice for getting my narrows filters on my radio tweaked
a little more.

That said, RTTY remains my least favorite mode. (a distant third to CW, then
SSB, 'way over there' is RTTY.  I won't bore you why.

With time invested by both W0YK and AA5AU to get me going a little better I felt
I owed everyone at least some kind of an appearance.  I worked 3:11 hrs Run and
S&P split 50-50 for a paltry 100-Q's.  That's about 30 Q's an hour...In a
SSB or CW contest, I can honestly say, I would've given up after an hour or
something...hihi I ran 58-62 watts (depending on the band) to keep the finals in
the rig from blowing up.

Got called into work so started 50mins late.

Nothing heard on 10m

15m seemed to have an hour long opening to the west coast in the late afternoon
and that was it ! ND7K moved the S-meter.  Lotsa W6's CQ'd in my face.

Signals on 20m were very weak. (like 519 weak)...a couple midwest were 559

40m signals were a little better, but even with a decent 4-square there, it was
hard to work past Michigan.

80m.  Didn't get much of a chance to play, but many signals 579 or so...Snow
static killed it.

Around 9pm local we had a sudden burst of S9 static just after I went to 80m
where signals weren't too bad actually.  After 20mins it was still there.  I
believe it was snow static.....anyways, I threw in the towel.  I know also VE9HF
was active, so y'all had a chance to get your NB mult for sure.

I am blessed with a quiet QTH (snow static excepted) which can make these '60
watt' contests frustrating.

The newish RBN Beta map shows me in Ontario one day and New Brunswick the next.
Don't let it fool you.  I am in NB.

Tnx for all the q's

*QZB* = You are all zero beat ; pse use ur XIT +/- ! (for CW only)

CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit

Mike VE9AA in New Brunswick, Canada

(when I am SO2R)
Icom IC-7410 and an assortment of wire antennas;

10m - Wire Gnd Plane (raised radials)
15m - Delta Loop @ 20feet
20m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials) or Delta Loop @ 20feet
40m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)