[3830] NAQP RTTY WI9WI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WI9WI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 05:27:03 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Madison, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:  143    38
   40:   55    21
   20:   39    14
   15:    4     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  241    74  Total Score = 17,834

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC John Bardeen

Comments:

Started on 15 and quickly worked the only 4 CA stations I could see, then called
CQ for 10 minutes with no takers. Off to 20, could get no traction CQing, so
S&Ped to get a few mults. Twenty very long, not a single QSO within 1000
miles of me. Lots of FL stations. Finally got some traction on 40 with a nice
little run mis-afternoon. Most signals were weak. Then it was time to watch the
Wisconsin - Ohio State hockey game. The Badgers smoked the Buckeyes seven zip.
After dinner off to 80 which was good to me until it slowed down near the final
hour so I quit. Signals on 80 were good unlike the other bands. Proud to be a
member of Team John Bardeen. He was awarded not just one but two Nobel Prizes in
Physics. He grew up here in Madison where his father was the first dean of the
UW Medical School. I knew his sister Anne Bardeen Henschel. Like me she was an
anesthesiologist. John is buried just up the hill from my house.

Thanks for all the QSOs.

Jim WI9WI