[3830] NAQP RTTY NN5O Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn5olarry@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NN5O Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 05:36:57 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

   80:  206    42
   40:  288    50
   20:  163    33
   15:   13     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  670   130  Total Score = 87,100

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Magnolia

Comments:

Amidst horrid band conditions and rough weather rolling through this area, it
was satisfying to have achieved--and passed--my personal goal of 600 Qs for the
Deep Dixie Contest Club, Team Magnolia.

The Deep Dixie CC posted 5 teams in this NAQP RTTY--FAR more than ever before.
I'm so proud of the several operators for whom this was their first RTTY
contest, plus the others who had to 'tweak' their software.  We worked hard
beforehand to strive for having all operators very familiar with the rules and
how everything worked together.  We held a practice session Wednesday evening,
starting first on 40m then moving to 80m so all on the air could have experience
with both SandP and Running.  Then, to make things better, we opened up my Zoom
meeting room so everybody could talk with one another.  We learned some terrific
things, mainly how to add more decoders.  This made a huge difference for me,
because have MMTTY aided with 2 2Tone decoders meant that some who answered my
CQ got responses much faster and with greater accuracy.

Too, some members learned how to use LOGTHENPOP, and that helped tremendously.

So, all in all, I am immensely proud of my cohorts, despite the shut-downs due
to lightning storms and breaking equipment and suddently failing
antennas/feedlines.  Ahhhh, Murphy was doing his one-arm pushups, for sure!

Thanks for all the Qs!
--Larry Anderson, President
   Deep Dixie Contest Club
http://deepdixiecc.org

73,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O   (ex-WB5EIN)
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M - 100w into horizontal loop up 35 ft (average)
Ameritron AL-800H used very seldom