[3830] ARRLDX SSB NX5M SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NX5M SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 23:38:05 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  187    47
   10:
-------------------
Total:  187    47  Total Score = 26,367

Club:

Comments:

Decided to mess around on 15 for this one since a new homebrew antenna was added
fixed to the northeast.  Of course given the conditions that antenna did not get
much use....but it does work.
Discovered that the southeast antenna needs to come down for a bit of
maintenance (reflector is a bit out of alignment but more important was elevated
SWR higher in the phone band).
Heard 2 or 3 JA's but only worked one.  Nothing out of EU except hearing 4
Italian stations (very weak and could not work) and one QSO with Spain.  Well,
actually I worked 2 more EU stations.  Decided to CQ a for a few minutes Sunday
afternoon, heard a whisper of a signal on the northwest antenna so pulled the
rotatable top antenna around from southeast and behold SM2M and OH6QU coming in
over the pole as the antenna reached due north.
Nice to work into Reunion Island and other parts of Africa.
Public Service Announcement:  If a call is spotted incorrectly, just correct it
and re-post it.  Making another spot with ZQ1YZ/BAD does nothing but clutter up
bandmaps.  Tons of busted spots during the time I was operating.  Fix it, spot
it, move on.