[3830] ARRLDX SSB W6DMW SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W6DMW SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 00:07:01 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W6DMW
Operator(s): W6DMW
Station: W6DMW

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  24     13
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  24     13  Total Score = 936

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Sadly I had to do this as an "anytime I could make it to the shack I would
run up and down the band" effort since we had other things going on this
weekend.  Per N6WMs direction I decided to go at it with 20M only.  Perfect
idea!

Started with the Titan DX, decided to take it down to the wind and went with the
horizontal dipole instead and realized it was probably the better idea  anyways
since the signal of my 100W IC-7100 would somewhat more focused.  I needed all
that focus to get through the pileups.  It was an excellent lesson in what I
could hear vs what I could actually break through to.

24 QSOs with 13 mults.  I cannot complain: I had fun with the little bit of time
I had.

73!