[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3VN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3VN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 00:57:22 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 16:50

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1364   110
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1364   110  Total Score = 450,120

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This is a single band unlimited entry. There is no such thing in the ARRL DX
contest. Since I had no illusions about winning anything I ignored their
teeny-tiny list of categories and had my own little contest. Just because.

Operating was uncomfortable because two headsets failed on me in the days
leading up to the contest. The phone cord went intermittent on one and the mic
died on the other. Well, not quite dead since although my voice never made it
through it did occasionally transmit burping noises which, unfortunately, did
not sound anything like me.

I wrapped one headset around my neck so I could use the mic and the other on my
ears for listening. When taking them off it was vitally important to do it in
the right order to avoid strangling myself.

Some pileups on rare mults were so deep and the propagation so poor I could not
get through. That turned out to be a waste of time since I few of them answered
my CQs on Sunday. I could have saved a lot of time had they only told me they'd
be doing that.

Until next time...