[3830] ARRLDX SSB KH7M(NA2U) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fred3830@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KH7M(NA2U) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 08:30:03 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KH7M
Operator(s): NA2U
Station: KH6ZM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: HI
Operating Time (hrs): 35:23
Remote Operation

  160:   86    36
   80:  353    46
   40: 1101    57
   20: 1581    55
   15:  990    52
   10:   48     8
-------------------
Total: 4159   254  Total Score = 3,158,490

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was great fun.  My virtual host Max, KH6ZM, and I continue to work on
our remote setup, with additional technical support from Gerry, W1VE. Internet
access is via DSL and it lead to a plethora of problems in the CW contest.
Problems in the phone test were not as frequent but Murphy seemed to have put
the kibosh on the radio interface software spoiling what I thought was going to
be a big finish on 15m in the last two hours.  A potential upgrade to fiber
internet access may solve most of these problems.

I was lucky to catch the short 10m opening around 2100z Saturday.  I kept trying
10m on Sunday but there was no joy to be had.

Only two stations worked on all six bands:  KA6BIM and NX6T.  Many worked on
five.

This was my 8th year in a row working this contest from HI.  It’s always a
hoot to work so many K/VE friends.  As I mentioned last month virtual operating
does not allow enjoying Max and Kathy’s hospitality, Max’s homemade
limoncello, or the wonderfully delicious Big Island papayas, but it beats not
operating from Hawaii.  I’m already looking forward to next year.

Thanks for the Qs.  73 and aloha.