[3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 13:54:38 +0000

Total:  243    88  Total Score = 64,152

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m high (40-10m)
80/40/20m trap dipole at 12m high (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 w/ KAT3
Ameritron AL-80A running 400-700 watts out
Heil Proset with HC-4 mic element

Comments:

A very casual operation. I started Saturday morning and was in and out of the
shack between doing yard work. Not active Saturday evening, which in retrospect
was unfortunate.

Most of my focus was on 10 and 15m, trying out the rebuilt A3S/A743. It does
appear to perform as advertised now, with a clear pattern when rotated.

Running the amplifier certainly made things less frustrating -- I was generally
able to get through in the first couple of calls. There were a couple of times I
called with about 50 watts (amplifier on standby), and made the contact as well.

Conditions did not seem to be great. Very little east/west propagation on 10 and
15m. Most of what I worked there was Caribbean and South America. I did work a
couple of African stations. Amazed at how open 40m and 80m was in the evening
twilight on Sunday.

Had a funny moment. Heard 3G2K identify as 3G2M, so I worked him. After our QSO,
he signed as 3G2K. Now, I was NOT mistaken about 3G2M, that's what he said.
Sorry for the dupe, OM.