[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7JQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radiok7jq@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7JQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 15:53:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K7JQ
Operator(s): K7JQ
Station: K7JQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 3:15

  160:
   80:   3      2
   40:  13      6
   20:  18     10
   15:  34     18
   10:
-------------------
Total:  68     36  Total Score = 7,344

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Not that I planned to spend a lot of time in this contest anyway, because SSB DX
contests and screwdriver antennas are not a good mix in marginal conditions. But
Murphy paid a visit to my shack on Saturday morning...first time in a long time.
After checking out 80M and making a few Q's, when I tried moving the screwdriver
back down to 40M, the motor stalled and got stuck between the two bands. Efforts
to free it up from the shack failed, so when daylight came, a trip up the hill
and removing it turned out to be a troubleshooting project the rest of the day.
I replaced the antenna with the screwdriver off my back fence, but by that time
I lost the initiative to continue, and pulled the switch on this contest.

Looking forward to WPX in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the (few) Q's!

73,  Bob K7JQ