[3830] TBDC VE3VN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3VN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 14:46:24 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN24
Operating Time (hrs): 4:30

Total:  QSOs = 244  Total Score = 824

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Did the earth move for you? It did for me. We had a small (3.2) earthquake
Saturday evening with the epicentre only 30 kilometers east of me. That must be
the reason for the noisy, weak and warbling signals. Later in the evening both
European and west coast signals rose and made a few more longer distance
contacts possible. Rate was slow so I didn't stay up late.

For a change I didn't do this one as QRP. My misbehaving amp managed to survive
the experience. I really needed my new east-west Beverage for all the west coast
stations, but it is sadly under construction. The wires are up and now waiting
for the switching electronics and 100 meters of feed line. I should have it all
ready in time for the end of top band season.