[3830] TBDC W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:52:00 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 132  Total Score = 523

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Poor conditions in the final dedicated 160m event for the (northern hemisphere)
winter 2020-2021 season.  K-index of 4 (5 as peak) with enhanced solar wind
conditions and 'active' geomagnetic conditions during the entire event (G1
storming conditions were reached @ 0550z) put a lid on this TBDC - not great!

Best DX: LZ5R.  TM6M called in for only other Eu.

West Coast worked:  K7RAT, W6AYC and W4EF (who called me 10 mins b4 my s/r).
Others in NW and a few Calif heard, unable to be worked.

Caribbean:  beacon sig (and ears) from ZF9CW again.  NP2's strong too.

Just 2.75 hrs in chair during various times of the eve.  About 45 mins op time
before/during sunrise added 31 QSOs to log.  Conditions seemed a bit better at
that time.  Most signals during the eve had an echo-like quality typical of
polar sigs.  Only six 10-point and above Q's (and just six 8 and 9 pt contacts
too) - average of 3.96 pts/QSO per N1MM+ logger.

Icom IC-7300 at 100w; TX/RX: 5/16 wave Inv L sloping up 90'/over 80' with
matching series cap at feed, 3 elevated 65' non-resonant radials (at 10-12'
above soil) and modest [detached] ground screen of 18 various length wires.
Occasional use of 88' doublet up near 40' (and Hexbeam at 32') manually
swithched on RX.