[3830] Commonwealth VE3NNT SO(A)-Open-12 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lesbrown@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3NNT SO(A)-Open-12 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 21:49:48 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2021

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SO(A)-Open-12 HP
QTH: FN14cm
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Remote Operation

   80:  116      760
   40:  184     1420
   20:   19      300
   15:
   10:
-----------------------
Total:  319     2480  Total Score = 4,075

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

What a disaster! There was a power outage at my cottage station and another
power outage at my wireless internet service provider's site, both of which
lasted 24 hours, ending at 3:30 pm Saturday. It's a good thing I asked to swap
places with Vlad, VE3JM, on our teams. I would have pulled down the Team Canada
#1 score drastically. As it stands, I think Team Canada #1 might beat the
Australian team this year.

Starting the contest at 3:30 pm Saturday meant that I completely missed the 20m
rush. All that was left were a few scraps. If I had started on time, I probably
would have had about 650 contacts. I should think about installing one of those
propane automatic power backup systems at the cottage.

I'm also down to SO1R until I solve a relay problem in the spring.

3830 asked for bonus points to be entered, so I calculated them according to the
formula: bonus points = points - (5 x number of QSOs). I see others entered
either total points, 0, or some other number that perhaps represents the number
of bonus stations worked.