[3830] Rus DX G6T(G4MKP) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX G6T(G4MKP) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 13:36:00 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2021

Call: G6T
Operator(s): G4MKP
Station: G6T

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Cambridge
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:   232             43        38
   80:   339             52        56
   40:   358             57        52
   20:   268             57        61
   15:   104             29        43
   10:
Total:  1301    0       238       250  Total Score = 3,609,248

Club:

Comments:

Thanks for the Qs.

Great contest. Live scores https://www.cqcontest.net/view/readscore.php kept me
motivated. Once again I was being chased down by MM9I (John)in the early hours.
I just ran where I could and worked anything on the band maps to keep the score
ticking over and just managed to stay ahead. These little contests within a
contest are fun. Fortunately 15m opened on Sunday morning and I put on close to
1M points in the last couple of hours - flitting between 15m and 20m.

Conditions to North America were pretty dire again here in Cambridgeshire.
Missed a few but thanks to some very patient ops over there, we made plenty of
QSOs.

SO2R was mostly run and mults rather than alternating CQ. I tend to think that
RDXC is not a rates contest and, with an almost endless stream of mults, why
would you?

As usual, the UA0/9s seem to have bat like ears and rarely ask for repeats. Some
very quick and skilled operators around the world make this a very enjoyable
contest.
cheers,
Tel/G4MKP/G6T

2 X K3S with Microham SO2R box
Alpin 200
Acom 2000A
BPFs

160m: Inverted L on sloping ground with good mix of radials
80m:  18m bottom loaded vertical with 2 elevated radials
40m-10m: 4 ele Steppir @ 40'