[3830] Rus DX OL5Y SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX OL5Y SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 16:38:53 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2021

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:   115             38        34
   80:   270             45        54
   40:   327             59        54
   20:   310             59        59
   15:   121             21        46
   10:    28              4         8
Total:  1171    0       226       255  Total Score = 3,918,707

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first serious participation in RDXC. The pileups on Russian stations
were huge, and it took time to hold a reasonable rate in S&P. SO2R helped a
lot. I have tried CQ several times - at the beginning, there were callers, but
after a while, someone with bad ears started CQ on (or just beside) my
frequency. It is a standard experience for LP, hi. I planned to participate for
the whole 24 hours, but after midnight, I fell asleep on the chair several
times, and because the rate was very slow, I decided to take a rest. It cost me
3 hours, and I lost sight of my online competitor OM7LW (Congratulations,
Peter!). It's an interesting and fast contest - I'm looking forward to next year
and hope for better CONDX.
Thank you all for calling me or answering my call!
73! Martin

RIG: SunSDR MB1 + IC756, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack master,
switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V @ 19m (63 ft.), vertical 30 m with elevated radial
80: Inv. V @ 19m